Valour of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valour of the Ancients

Lord of the Rings Online ~ Laurelin Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arrandos

Arrandos

Anzahl der Beiträge : 84

LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative Empty
PostSubject: LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative   LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:55 am

Ok we have mentioned that the game is losing some of the spirit of Tolkien.
Some of the things I have noticed are.

Hobbits ~ Guardian? I suppose you could argue that Samwise was Frodo's Guardian but its stretching it a bit to have lots of them running around Middle Earth and as far as Angmar, Moria and Lothlorien. I know that there were fights in the Scouring of the Shire but at this point in the story its stretching it a bit. Although If you take them out then the gameplay would suffer for some.

Rune Keeper ~ Well just a caster class introduced to get more subscribers.

Goats ~ Good idea for the Mines but It looks odd to me them appearing in the middle of Bree and the Ettenmoors, normal ones would be ok but not those huge ones with peiople on them.

Foundations of Stone ~ some of the mobs ther are a bit sus but the worse thing for me was the ease to get to it ~ I know some of the Trolls will give you a kicking bu where it is it just looks like and extension of the Redhorn Lodes ~ it should be incredibly difficult to get to ~ maybe rockways only wide enough for one with huge drops either side and incredibky steep passages to get down, maybe better instanced.

There are loads more so will add some later.
Back to top Go down
Dangor

Dangor

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

PostSubject: Re: LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative   LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:05 am

For me I find the Warden class a bit strange, once again I'm not fully versed in the lore of middle earth and they may be mentioned somewhere, but it is just to Spartan/Greek for me and doesn't fit. It seems to me to be an attempt at an extension of the the Rangers and while we have the Hunter class (which doesn't truly represent the Rangers for me, not enough melee capability in my view) the Wardens visually are more Ranger like but there is still a problem for me.

Hunters are just another hunter class as in most MMO's and the Warden as I said is more Spartan like. Where is the true representation of the Ranger? Anybody?? Somebody??? Question
Back to top Go down
Dangor

Dangor

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

PostSubject: Re: LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative   LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:20 am

Hobbit Guardians..... yes it is just so wrong. I can't truly imagine a hobbit taking on three Uruk'hai and dealing with them whilst his companions range and back stab etc. And the thought of them wearing heavy armour, how would they do the gardening??

I reluctantly agree with the Rune Keeper comment Crying or Very sad - but they're still great fun to play!

The goats remind me of some kind of Alpaca/Lama due to their size, maybe something more suited to the desert terrain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative   LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LoTRo and the Lore ~ Negative
Page 1 of 1