Valour of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valour of the Ancients

Lord of the Rings Online ~ Laurelin Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rune Keper and the lore

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dangor

Dangor

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

Rune Keper and the lore Empty
PostSubject: Rune Keper and the lore   Rune Keper and the lore I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Right, thought I'd throw this one in there: I like to think I know a bit about Middle Earth but where does the concept of the Rune Keeper come from?? confused

From my recollection there is no runes of power in Middle Earth, the only real object of power that wasn't jewellry was the palantir's. So where did this concept appear from? Dare I say it is very similar to the Rune Smith character in Warhammer. affraid

And isn't there another class type they could have created that would have been more in keeping with Middle Earth?? I know everyone's harping on about this point but I thought I'd bring it into our forum. (And yeah my alt is an RK and I love playing it, so I'm not knocking it, just curious.) scratch
Back to top Go down
Arrandos

Arrandos

Anzahl der Beiträge : 84

PostSubject: Re: Rune Keper and the lore   Rune Keper and the lore I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:25 pm

To be honest I cannot see how it fits in with the lore.
It was just thrown in I think as they thought a pure caster class might bring some more subscribers in.
I think the decision was from wotsisname Staefel from Turbine.
It might help a little if they gave them a weapon of some sort too ~ even if just a dagger. Smacking someone around the earhole with a rock seems a bit odd.....
study

I have one too Razz
Back to top Go down
Arrandos

Arrandos

Anzahl der Beiträge : 84

PostSubject: Re: Rune Keper and the lore   Rune Keper and the lore I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:29 pm

I am not sure that they really needed to have added the new classes ~ something I would have liked to have seen would have been the option of an Elf Captain.
Back to top Go down
Dangor

Dangor

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

PostSubject: Re: Rune Keper and the lore   Rune Keper and the lore I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:14 am

I've got to say, I do like the introduction of new classes (even more alts appear!!!!)
I agree with you on the weapon argument for the RK, fighting with a "rune stone" is rather strange. And an Elf Captain would be an excellent idea, quite fitting. You don't get much more of a leader than Elrond after all is said and done.
This gives me an idea for a new thread....... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rune Keper and the lore   Rune Keper and the lore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rune Keper and the lore
Page 1 of 1