Valour of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valour of the Ancients

Lord of the Rings Online ~ Laurelin Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What character would you like to see in LOTRO?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dangor

Dangor

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

What character would you like to see in LOTRO? Empty
PostSubject: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:29 am

Ok, I'm putting this out to everyone, what Race/Class or both would you love to see introduced to LOTRO??
Obviously keeping in line with the lore as much as you can.
Back to top Go down
Arrandos

Arrandos

Anzahl der Beiträge : 84

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:38 am

Well I know I have already mentioned it but I am going to say it again!
Elf Captain...................................................................................... Cool
Back to top Go down
Braegorn

Braegorn

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:00 am

What about female dwarves?

Surely one of them got a little bit fed up of staying at home and polishing under-sized armour and cooking dinner.

I couldn't think of a more unwelcoming scary sight than a bird dwarf running at me with a pair of axes flying around...

...especially a bearded lady dwarf.

(I am correct in saying they currently aren't an option? I have never seen one anyway)
Back to top Go down
Arrandos

Arrandos

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:15 pm

It is said that only Dwarves themselves can tell if they are female or not!
We have to take Ihsmaels word for it what he/she is.......... lol!
Back to top Go down
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

Anzahl der Beiträge : 114

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:07 am

And Ihsmael is not going to tell you any of the dwarven secrects....

About the original question, i would have to say none.
I could probably see some sort of Rohan Rider beeing possible but i dont see how you could fit that into the game engine.

An elven captain ? I don't see it would be right to put that race into a classic warleader role.

I think introducing new races/classes shouldnt be the way of LOTRO...instead it should try to create a deeper world
in the spirit of its creator, wich obviously isn't the way its going at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Dangor

Dangor

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:40 pm

I do like the challenges of new classes but I agree with you there Ishmael, I would love to see the LOTRO World become more immerseful and detailed. It would be a breath of fresh air to see something new on the future updates books etc, unlike the norm that all MMO's seem to follow and eventually tend to sell themselves out. At the end of the day it's been made easy for them, Tolkien already did all of the creating and detail!!! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Arrandos

Arrandos

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:37 am

An Elf Captain ~ not sure if that was a dig at the Elven folk or not Master Dwarf!.
There are certainly plenty of examples of this throughout the ages of Middle Earth.
Even though the game is set in the time of the diminishing of the Elves there would certainly be enough of them left at this point to have a decent Captain amongst them!
Back to top Go down
Arrandos

Arrandos

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:41 am

Ok ~ I agree regarding that the spirit of the game should be more in line with Tolkien but I think we could have a new thread for that.
Anyway I think we could have another class or two of a non combat nature. This idea is poking about a little on the LOTRO forums I think.
You could have characters who could craft items (maybe furnishing, clothing etc) that the current characters were unable too and they could sell them in towns, maybe repalce some of the NPC,s. Some people like doing tha sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

Anzahl der Beiträge : 114

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:31 am

Think i am not going to add to the other 2 threads since i am not that much of a Loremaster.
Overall i think everything was pretty good pre-Moria...from there developers started to go the wrong way in my opinion.

About non-combat-classes i think thats a pretty old idea coming with every MMORPG.
But since Everquest introduced a style totally related to character level it just doesnt work/fit into the game mechanics.
The crafting part in LOTRO could surely use some attention since at the moment its pretty useless but introducing non-combat crafting classes
would be way down on my list.

About the captain - i think of that class as a "specialized" charismatic warleader while contrary to that i think elves are of calm and peaceful nature.
So in my opinion it fits pretty well to have exclusivly captains from the most agressive race...men.

A character i missed in the past would have been some sort of a Ranger/Dunedain with crossed abilities from the existing classes like Hunter & Champion,
maybe a little stealth and a healing skill. Some sort of jack of all trades.
Back to top Go down
Dangor

Dangor

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:15 am

" A character i missed in the past would have been some sort of a Ranger/Dunedain with crossed abilities from the existing classes like Hunter & Champion,
maybe a little stealth and a healing skill. Some sort of jack of all trades. "

This is what I envision the Ranger should be!!!!
Back to top Go down
Arrandos

Arrandos

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 am

Elf Captain ~ think we will have to agree to disagree over that one.
Maybe my view of Middle Earth is shaped by the 1st and 2nd Ages as much as the 3rd ~ when Elves were
arguably the finest of Warriors who fought against the evils of Morgoth.

Dunadain/Ranger ~ yes again that would have been a marvellous class to play but would have been overpowered against
the current classes, otherwise they would not have deserved the title.
Back to top Go down
Maricus

Maricus

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:19 am

Dangor wrote:
" A character i missed in the past would have been some sort of a Ranger/Dunedain with crossed abilities from the existing classes like Hunter & Champion,
maybe a little stealth and a healing skill. Some sort of jack of all trades. "

This is what I envision the Ranger should be!!!!

Sounds like a Warden to me. Wink

We have ranged attacks (Javelin), good hand to hand, stealth and movement buffs, and self heals. Add to that similar instant travel skills and a Spartan type feel...

PLUS... We are all very very good looking! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What character would you like to see in LOTRO?   What character would you like to see in LOTRO? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What character would you like to see in LOTRO?
Page 1 of 1