Valour of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valour of the Ancients

Lord of the Rings Online ~ Laurelin Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forges HM - *Spoiler*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Braegorn

Braegorn

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

Forges HM - *Spoiler* Empty
PostSubject: Forges HM - *Spoiler*   Forges HM - *Spoiler* I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:40 am

A walkthrough of the instance...

Recommended Fellowship

1. Guardian/Warden - tanking
2. Minstrel/RK - healing
3. Champ - mellee dps
4. RK/Hunter - ranged dps
5. LM/Burg - cc
6. Another cc or another heavy armour off tank (any option will work for 2nd boss/trolls)

Initially, you will be faced with a group of mobs on the right. They consist of 1 guard, a couple of archers and a few randoms. If possible, stun the guard and pull the group back around the corner, out of LoS from the archers. Clear the randoms and the archers then take down the guard.

When looting, go 'Need' on the water pouches until you have 6 or 7. Slot them in a quickslot bar for use later.

The second group of mobs throw fire pots at you, so if possible, root them and pick up the stragglers as they come through. Stay out of the fire and watch for any that break free from the group as they will go straight to the healer.

Next, is a smaller mob with a guard located in an archway, with a slightly raised area to the right which you should fight from. You will need to activate the mob and then stun the guard if possible. Again, take down the randoms (who throw fire pots) then the guard, trying to keep out of the flames. Once you have killed these, the door behind will open and more randoms come through.

Opposite from where you are fighting is another door - again, more randoms will appear in a couple of waves of mobs. Take them down as appropriate, staying out of the fire as much as possible.

Now that this area is clear, you can go through the archway and on to the left side ramp. Gather at the top of the ramp for the first boss fight.

Boss 1

The boss has a fairly dangerous special attack which takes off around 2-3k morale. You can avoid this by turning away from him when he calls out your name. As well as this, he also has a fire attack which will do some serious damage. If you are on fire, use your water pouches to stop the burning.

The fight of this boss shouldn't take too long and the best option is to have the tank on him throughout and then the rest of the group dps UNTIL the adds come. Clear 2 waves of adds before killing the boss as once the boss is dead, it starts a 30 MINUTE COUNTDOWN: you must have killed the final boss before it expires.

Don't loot this boss, or the other chests until the end as you lose valuable time. Head down the ramp on the north west side and follow it round to the left.

The ramp you are running down has a track on which a number of 'worker' trolls patrol. They will not attack you but they do around 600 morale damage whenever you walk in to them and they will stun you for a few seconds...this is very important for the remainder of the instance as the tracks are an ever-present and will seriously cause you issues should you get hit by one of these trolls in the other boss fights - especially the last one.

Once you get to the first off shoot ramp to the left, go down it. DO NOT go past this as you will activate a few more adds which will slow you down a bit. Head off the ramp to the left so you are standing on the central platform - but DO NOT go in to the middle as this will activate the next stage of the instance.

When everyone is grouped up, begin the next phase although before you start, you will need to designate someone to blow up the doors using the flashing barrels. There are 6 doors, 3 on each side, which can only be destroyed when the gate to the door is raised. Once you have blown up the 6th door, the boss will appear. Also, now is a good time to organise who will look after the trolls that appear mid way through the phase. Use a stun on one (and the other if you have 2 cc classes) and get a heavy armour with aggro challenges to kite the 2nd troll around the outside... but before that...

Activate the next phase by heading to the middle of the platform. A few randomw mobs will appear and these should be dealt with swiftly. The person doing the barrels/doors should have started going to each door in turn and blowing up - when each door is destroyed a few non elite randoms appear. Once 3 of the doors are destroyed,the 2 trolls mentioned above will come in. 1 from the east and 1 from the west (the middle doors). Either stun or kite, depending on group.

The final 3 doors will be destroyed shortly after and this is when the 2nd boss will appear.

Boss 2

This boss is relatively simple if you keep the trolls under control - if the boss gets too close to the trolls he a) doesn't take any damage and b) gets heals from the trolls. By keeping the trolls either stunned or kited around the outside area of the platorm, the only thing to worry about is the occassional high damage blow from the boss. Once he is down, take out the trolls in turn starting with the one being kited, if applicable.

When the area s clear, head down the middle ramp to the north and around to the right. On the platform just past the curve you will see a few random mobs with a guard. As time is ticking away, the quickest option is to pile in and take them down in turn, ending with the guard. Or, if you have want, stun the guard and pull the others up the ramp a bit.

Next, continue down the ramp and take the first right. Once you step off the platform (or jump as the fire blast prevents you from going to the end) you will activate the 3rd boss.

Boss 3

This is a simple tank and spank, no adds will come and he will go down fairly quickly. His special skill is a wall of fire which moves through the group starting with the name of the person he calls out. Use the pouches when you can although due to the frequency of the fire walls, they will be on cool down most of the time. Luckily, they dont do a massive amount of damge.

When he is dead, you work around the central building to the north side where you will be confronted by 2 trolls and the final boss.

Boss 4

Ok, before you begin this bit the fight will go something like this...

Phase 1

Take down the 2 trolls and then dps boss

Phase 2

Boss disappears and 2 more trolls come, boss follows when 1 of the trolls is dead
Dps boss until he disappears

Phase 3

The boss reappears with another troll which should be killed asap.
Dps boss until he runs to the west side of the platform

Phase 4

Work around the central building until the boss is dead
Kill the final troll

Phase 1 is relatively simple; stun one of the trolls and kill the other. Kill the 2nd troll then start on the boss. Tank should be on the boss the whole time.

On phase 2, the trolls come from the east and again, stun one of them. Kill the rolls in turn and then focus on the boss.

Phase 3 begins with a troll coming from the west - kill him quickly and then get ready for a fairly frantic few minutes...

The boss has a high damage skill that he starts using in phase 3. If he calls out your name and an 'eye' appears above your head TURN AWAY FROM HIM so that you do not hit him. He says something like 'Do not anger me again [name]' which translates to...if you hit me after i have said this, i will hit you for around 4k morale damage. Remain facing away until the eye above your head disappears - at which point you can start hitting him again.

After a few minutes of this (or more specifically, when his morale gets to about 20k) he will run to the side of the platform and summon another troll. At this point RUN AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE to opposite corner, ie north east corner of the central building. The reason being...

Phase 4 is a race against time and fire. You will be down to the last 5 minutes of the allowed 30 by now and you will notice a continuous blast of fire coming from the central building. The key to completing this, and staying alive, is to work around the central area in a clockwise direction, ensuring you move quick enough to not be caught up with the fire but not too quickly that you run in to it. At the same time, range attack the boss as much as possible and mellee him if he gets close enough. If possible, keep the troll stunned but if this isnt possible, ignore him and focus all of your attention on the boss.

There are 2 things to watch out for during this bit 1) the boss is still doing his 4k morale damage skill so watch out if your name is called and 2) the bit you are walking on has the track/'worker' trolls on it which means if you get hit by one you will get stunned...and a 3 second stun is probably going to leave you flame grilled Smile

Keep moving around until the boss is dead and then take out the troll.

Well done, you have finished - all there is left to do is loot the 4 chests going back up the ramps in the order you came down.
Back to top Go down
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

Anzahl der Beiträge : 114

PostSubject: Re: Forges HM - *Spoiler*   Forges HM - *Spoiler* I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:12 am

You sure (wich you probabaly are) the last boss has to die within the 30 minutes ? Seemed longer to me specially cause of the long last fight.

While i have done this twice, the door and barrel-blast parts totally missed me. Dumb Dwarf, ya know Embarassed

And a last one: Why not attempt to kill the Trolls from the 2nd boss right when they come ?
Back to top Go down
Braegorn

Braegorn

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

PostSubject: Re: Forges HM - *Spoiler*   Forges HM - *Spoiler* I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:09 pm

Its definitely a 30 minute countdown; we had less than 1 minute remaining when we finished.

To be honest, although I knew what had to be done, yesterday was my first time doing the barrels.

And, i have no idea; maybe that could work - we should try it maybe Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forges HM - *Spoiler*   Forges HM - *Spoiler* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forges HM - *Spoiler*
Page 1 of 1