Valour of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valour of the Ancients

Lord of the Rings Online ~ Laurelin Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler*

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

Anzahl der Beiträge : 114

Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler* Empty
PostSubject: Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler*   Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler* I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:05 am

If you want to figure out the instance all on your own, don't read on.

The entrance to this book 8 instance is in Zirakzigul.

Its a pretty complex instance where you have to use mirrors to get some light into deeper parts and you also use them to open "doors".

So far just a comment about the first tough fight against a warg boss and two matrons.
You can fight the matrons without wake up the boss. I am unsure when the boss wakes up because i didnt watch him.
Felt to me like he came when the first matron died but maybe Dan or Ben know better.

The matrons buff & heal each other and they are a pretty tough fight.
Since we couldnt find any "smart" strategy, we just decided to fight both matrons (Ben one, me the other), stun them as much as possible (interrupting the healing howls if timing works)
and use the corruption removal skill.
Though still a tough fight, that worked out pretty good.
The warg boss himself felt a little easier though he does a good amount of damage and i think he goes into some sort of rage when he is very low health.

Cant say to much about the mirrors, Ben did them pretty much alone but i dont feel like we need to write down how exactly they need to be moved.

Going down you come into a room with a huge mirror, a morroval defiler and a morroval task mistress.
This one is obviously a little bugged wich i could confirm from the german forum.
You get locked into the room when the fight starts and if you have to retreat, it doesnt reset to a point that would open the door.
In that case you gotta drop down into the room wich immediatly aggroed both morroval so make sure your tank of choice drops a little before the rest.
Probably want to kill the task mistress first since she can hit really really hard.

Nothing about the last area so far, have to say it seemed to me that it could be pretty tough.

Also might be there are more bugs in this last area but i didnt want to check for it in the forums to avoid spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Dangor

Dangor

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler*   Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler* I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:34 am

Killing the task mistress first is a definate must, they are solid and were pretty much wiping the heavy armour classes in two crit hits with their special moves. Very very nasty indeed.

But all in all a good fun instance, and if you want to know more about the mirrors you'll have to check with Mirror Man aka Radiance Boy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Braegorn

Braegorn

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler*   Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler* I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:02 am

Thought I would add a few bits going in to the last area and final boss.

After killing the task mistress and defiler (2nd boss), you move to the final area which is a huge room with lots of wooden platofrms, ramps, mirrors and in the middle is some of the webbing that you need to direct the light to, thus allowing access to the boss.

Getting in your way of doing this is a task mistress who roams the area. Whenever she walks past a mirror, she summons a defiler which in turn, makes the mirror dirty.

So, killling the task mistress before she walks past the mirrors is a priority. The best thing to do is assign the task of grabbing her aggro to one of the group. They can stand in the middle of the room and keep a look out. Meanwhile, move around the room and turn the mirrors/kill the defilers until you open the webbing.

This last boss is now open.

Very simple tactics for a very difficult fight: kill the boss, don't kill the adds (if you want to have any chests to open).

Fortunately, to make things a little easier, the boss and adds come seperately. So, dps the boss and when she disappears, kite the adds around. Rinse and repeat until dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler*   Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall of Mirrors - *Spoiler*
Page 1 of 1