Valour of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valour of the Ancients

Lord of the Rings Online ~ Laurelin Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

About Carn Dum

Go down 
+2
Taeradan
Ihsmael
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

Anzahl der Beiträge : 114

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:04 am

Did a little search to get us some info about Carn Dum.

Following link has a walkthrough and maps. All in english so probabaly easier for you Smile

http://allshallfade.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1130023&gid=17132#1130023

If i understand correct we need to get us the iron key next wich i wonder we dont already have, or do we ?

Also the fight-tips seem to be for lvl 45-50 so we probabaly shouldnt pay to much attention to these.
Back to top Go down
Taeradan

Taeradan

Anzahl der Beiträge : 56

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Hey Ish,

Are you going to Carn Dum for something specific or a variety of things?
There are a couple of ways to get in there.
Back to top Go down
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:23 am

Nothing specific for me, i actually don't need anything from Carn Dum anymore.

I think everyone else does though. I wasn't really there before and i just have fun doing something
with everyone else Smile

If you know Carn Dum, it might be a great help if you could share your wisdom but i am unsure
what everyone needs.
Back to top Go down
Taeradan

Taeradan

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:18 pm

My knowledge of it is very small!!!!!!!!
But I dont ming dragging Arrandos along if people fancy doing something there.
Back to top Go down
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:38 am

Taeradan wrote:
But I dont ming dragging Arrandos along if people fancy doing something there.

...wich is exactly what i had in mind Laughing

Now if i just would know how to get everyone else to be only slightly more active Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dangor

Dangor

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:30 pm

We need the grate key. Do both keys drop from the same elite signature troll on the bridge????
Back to top Go down
Taeradan

Taeradan

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:31 pm

(11) Azgoth (Nemesis) (Blue Line)
Drops: Iron Gate Key, Cruel Talon of Azgoth (Burgular)

Azgoth is the only Morroval close to her that can be engaged. Be careful to not pull her past the small pull with the skulls around it as she will reset if anyone runs past that area.

Just copied that from on of Ish's Links.
Back to top Go down
Taeradan

Taeradan

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:44 pm

The only key I (Arrandos) have on my key ring is the one from Book 7 Chapter 8.
Back to top Go down
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:33 am

Barashal (the Troll) only drops the Ornate Key.

We are looking for Azgoth next and that's why i wondered in the first post because i
remembered we killed Morroval, didnt we ?
But looking at the walkthrough i am pretty unsure if you have to pass Cargul first
(the guy with the priests where we didnt go on) or if there should be another way.
Back to top Go down
Dangor

Dangor

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:18 am

Do you think that the signature wraith with all of the priests that wiped us drops the second key that we're after, or do you think it is a morroval after?

I remember the morroval that we killed, it didn't drop anything but trash loot from memory. We'll have to go again now that's there's more of us, if we kill them all it's bound to drop eventually Wink

afro
Back to top Go down
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:13 am

If i read it all correct, we dont need that Troll again (unless someone needs the Crimson Gorthorog Horn) but we have to
pass through Helchgams Lair wich seems to be where we met the Morroval and jumped off the cliff (though i cant remember
we saw Helchgam ?!).

We should end in the Tower wich i can remember we did and that Tower seems to have at least 3 exits wich lead to
that priest-surrounded guy, to some quest i know i have and to the Morroval with the iron key.

Only after all that we can fight into the castle wich we need for the Minstrel class quest items that drop from 2 nemesis opponents.

But as you already said...if we just do everything, everything is supposed to drop Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taeradan

Taeradan

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:15 pm

I seem to remember the Morroval being in the vicinity of Helgcham ~ maybe on a higher level, not too sure.
Back to top Go down
Braegorn

Braegorn

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:10 am

Well that was a fun night wasn't it...

Points to take on board for next time;

- dont jump in the green stuff
- dont try and use a travl ration mid combat
- dont expect to get any change out of 1gp when repairing Sad
Back to top Go down
Taeradan

Taeradan

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:32 am

It was indeed great fun.
Yes the green stuff is scary.
Nice to put Helgcham down ~ I hope Dan is proudly displaying its testicles in his house or was it tentacles??????? Shocked
Would be happy to do another run through there at some point as people still need stuff. Also Urugarth at some point too.
Mordirith was hard work ~ certainly needs to be taken down a peg or two.
Back to top Go down
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:13 am

Yea, really fun. Always nice when we can make to get all together anyway Very Happy

Gotta do it again at least to lay down Mordirith, he really deserves a kick in the nuts.

Couple other points:
Gonna figure out wich class items we need to get for everyone. Iirc Lee's would lead to his best Captain Legendary Trait ?
Also might want to let one or two persons get all the barter coins who can use the items you can barter ?
I noticed there is nothing i want/need but good stuff for a lvl 50.

Totally agree that we also should try Urugarth and i heard Barad Gularan is fun as well.
Back to top Go down
Taeradan

Taeradan

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 3:39 am

Not logged in at the moment so cant check if the coins were BoA or not, if not I have a couple of bronze/silver ones if anyone wants them.
Back to top Go down
Sherikon

Sherikon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:36 pm

I know I know shock horro Lee is here typing lol...

Just want to make an apology first to Steve for having not been very active, just been so busy and not made the time to jump on the forum and post, I have been reading a few things, but not been on as much as I would have liked. I will try to be more active, usually I am very good at being active on forums, Paul on the other hand is not a forum person at all, so do not be suprised if you do not see him here, he just doesnt do forums lol!!!

As for the Carn Dum run the other evening it was indeed great fun and really nice to get us all together for it, made the experience a whole lot better. I have to say it makes it much more difficult to play for that long when you have been laying decking in the garden all weekend so very tired and then drinking a litre and a hlf of Leffe Beer blond while playing, I swear to you I actually fell asleep at one point for a few seconds lol.. of course that was before we got to the Witch King.. who incidentally needs an ass kicking and a half!!!!

I still believe we could take him down with the group we had, as far as I know that is a fellowship quest for level 50 is it not??? If so with the group and levels we had we should have been able to take him down, just needs some good co-ordination.

I have been thinking about the fight since and I am going to respec myself to be much more "Healer based" reason I have decided to do this is, we have Gaurdians and Champions and even Hunters for that matter who deal way more damage than I can, so I can then be a healer with Dan whilst still giving group buffs and being able to place my Banner down still to aid the groups morale/power etc. Gunna have a look at changing my spec over the weekend. Was reading somewhere a few days back that apparently, the best Captain spec is using the healer to the maximum, apparently they are very useful at healing aswell then but can still help the group with buffs... may be worth me trying to see if it pays off!!

Anyhow I am definitely up for another run.... perhaps even over the next day or two!

Peace guys..
Lee
Back to top Go down
Taeradan

Taeradan

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 2:41 pm

No need for apologies ~ the forums only as and when people have the time etc. Wink
Unfortunately the coins are BoA so cant hand the ones I have out to anyone.
I have respecced heavy shield so will be able to calm down the damage a bit to help Stefan control the threat.
I was trying save use my higher dps attacks until a little later against Mordirith but the shield option could be handy too.
Back to top Go down
Braegorn

Braegorn

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:08 am

I think that would be a great idea Lee - heals and group buffs are more useful than a lot of people playing the game realise - i personally think the captain is the most useful class there is.

If we can all get on again together, or even just some of us, the first priority is getting you up a few levels. If you can get Vol 2, Book 1 complete - so you complete the pre moria instance, get your rewarded legendary weapon to lvl 10 and then get access to moria, you will level very easily - just looking at someone in moria gives you xp.

Next time you are on, get your weapon equipped and spend time completing the quests in Eregion to level it. Then we can get in to Moria and you will be able to level every other day pretty much.

We need our leader in Moria!
Back to top Go down
Dangor

Dangor

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Yes Carn Dum was good, and yes I have a rather sickly looking tentacle twitching in my hobbit hole tongue

I think the run would benefit from less sleepy drunk group members drunken only kidding.

My thoughts on the matter are that we should maybe try tackling the witch king in a slightly different way, let stefan tank and everyone else hangs back doing ranged damage, yes it will take a lot longer to knock his health down but may make the healing easier. Initiate the battle across the bridge next to his throne then after all the mobs have come move across the safety of the bridge out of the range of his dread circle. Incidentally, I think the troll mobs are the hardest ones to tackle.

Anyway what are the items you can barter the coins for? Worth having??
Back to top Go down
Taeradan

Taeradan

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:31 pm

We could try that.
Mine and Bens ranged damage will be pretty pitiful though.
Could be worth trying that way but with one of the Champs behind Mordirith just using a one handed weapon whilst Stefan Tanks him
Back to top Go down
Arrandos

Arrandos

Anzahl der Beiträge : 84

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:47 pm

It seemed odd using Taeradan as a mouthpiece for Arrandos so thought he should be on here too.
Anyone any thoughts about when another run would be suitable?
Back to top Go down
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Check in with Taeradan sometimes for the guild new Razz

The plan seems to be tomorrow, Wendsday at 20.30h UK time.

Gotta agree with the Trolls and my thought was Paul using triple trap or some other good trap
to make things a little easier there. Maybe also the root arrows to give us even more time.

Not sure the range damage with Mordirith would work, i had the feeling he sometimes just goes
aggro nuts no matter wich skills i used because he attacked someone else even when i used a
skill that should force him to attack me.
Back to top Go down
Ihsmael

Ihsmael

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:07 am

That was a really fun and successful run.
I think we did a lot better than before, when it was late and everyone was drunk Razz

I assume everyone knows that the class quests lead to one of your Legendary Traits,
so we should make sure that everyone gets his class items.

Next stop: Urugarth ?
Back to top Go down
Dangor

Dangor

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Hmm, Urugarth, the name doesn't ring any bells?? Refresh my memory; who, what and where is he???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About Carn Dum Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Carn Dum   About Carn Dum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About Carn Dum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valour of the Ancients :: The Kinship :: Content-
Jump to: